Thursday, August 2, 2012

Perfect Salad Dressing for Fresh Summer Greens

Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and more are so plentiful now, so I thought I would share a vinaigrette recipe that was served at the Taste of Garrett County and made with culinary lavender from Deep Creek Lavender Farm.  The recipe is from Rita on Food.com.  I adjusted the amount of honey as I like a tangier dressing but it is delicious and very light on fresh lettuce from the garden or as a marinade for chicken or fish. 

Lavender and Honey Salad Dressing
Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients together.
  2. Stand for 30 mins to allow flavors to infuse.
  3. Stir and adjust salt and pepper again and serve
I added some feta cheese to the salad and the saltiness of the cheese with the sweet and tangy flavor of this dressing was amazing!






1 comment: