Thursday, June 21, 2012

Shades of Purple

It amazes me the colors in this beautiful world we live.  The various shades of green after a summer rain, the colors in a vegetable garden when everything begins to ripen, the various shades of color of the different hummingbirds at my feeder, but some of my favorite are the beautiful colors of Hidcote and Folgate Lavenders at harvest.  Oh my, the shade of purples are amazing and these cultivars hold their color when dried.  There are so many beautiful lavenders but for some reason these two are just fun to grown and harvest. 



This picture just can't do it justice.  The scent is amazing - definitely need a scratch and sniff button on this blog. The Folgate, the lighter shade laying on top, has the softest, sweetest scent this year.  I just love it.  The Hidcote is so rich and purple in color it just makes me smile.  The Gross isn't quite ready to harvest yet, but that, too, is an amazing color this year.  More pics to come.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Today Seattle's weather is rainy, overcast and gray. So wonderful to see you post with the vivid image of lavender. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful for the amazing color that lavender adds to the world.

    Kathy Gehrt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time in my garden when lavenders are blossom.I know how do you feel about scent.
    Olga Garcia

    ReplyDelete